Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

I don't know what I'm doing

As the arrival of our daughter gets closer and closer I'm scared I don't know what I'm doing.  Everyone says instincts will kick in.  I also know I'm not the first one to have a kid and there are so many resources out there to help when I get stuck.  But it's still scary.



















I don't know the little things like what's the difference between a receiving blanket and a swaddling blanket.  I don't know why they don't recomend using baby powder with a baby anymore.  I don't know jack squat about nursing.  Good thing there is the internet and I've found the answers to questions that have popped up.  I have my breastfeeding class next week and if I'm still not comfortable I'll take another.  I'll read a book.  I'll figure it out.



















Then you have to pick someone to take care of your child while you work.  You have to pick someone to be your pediatrician.  This person will be suggesting care that could effect your kid for years to come.  



I really didn't realize, comprehend all that was involved.  We're slowly getting it all together and I'm learning to just let go.  Go with the flow.  Get answers where I can. And just take it day by day.  

10ish more weeks....we've got this!!!

1 comment:

  1. You've got it! And just think you've made it over 30 years so it can't be that hard. Plus you've got Abbi and Ashley...and friends who have kids. The biggest thing to remember though is what might have worked for some people may not work for you...AND that's okay! You're going to be a great mom to Peyton!!

    ReplyDelete