Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Plans

Sometimes I feel like the whole 9 months of pregnancy is a test or foreshadowing of what's to come with a baby.  Except I really don't know what's to come and that's frightening in and of itself.  We were suppose to have our childbirth preparation class on Saturday.  It had been scheduled for a couple months.  We had to be up early to get their by 8:30.  We get there on time and by 8:50 when the security guard and hospital police officer said it was very unusual for the lady not to have been there by 7:45 we knew we had been stood up.  Now we had the rest of the day until a Holiday cookie party that night with nothing planned.  And Jarad was like....














I like plans.  I try not to get bent out of shape when things don't go as planned but it kind of just throws me off.  As we drove away from the hospital Jarad asked me if I was sad.  I wasn't sad I was disappointed, aggravated and frustrated.  If you say you are going to do something, do it or call and let me know.  I know there will be tons of surprises that come along with parenthood and I'm trying...learning to go with the flow a little more.

and later Jarad practiced holding a baby
 
and playing the part of Santa....vacation Santa that is
 
 
 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy being spontaneous...it doesn't happen too often anymore but I like plans too...there's days I wish I wasn't wired that way but it's a hard one to drop.

    ReplyDelete