I found the crate at JoAnn's but I think Michael's and possibly Hobby Lobby has them as well. The nursery colors will be black, white and red with a fourth color to be determined by the sex. I did my best to get the red paint for the crate as close as I could to the curtains I had found at Walmart. I think the crate ended up by a little brighter than the curtains but think the other elements of the room will allow them to blend just fine. It's hard to match paint and fabrics and I don't think I would ever find an exact match. The crate took about 3 coats of paint to cover nicely.
I cut the letters out with my Cricut and it took several attempts to determine the size that would look best. I traced them on to the crate with a pencil and then used a smaller brush to paint in the letters.
I got a piece of wood from JoAnn's that I cut in half with my handy jig saw to add to the bottom of the crate. The actual wood of the crate needed a little more depth for the wheels to be attached with screws that would hold.
The project cost probably around $20 to complete. I thought I was going to get away with around $15 or less but the wheels cost more than I anticipated.
We already have several books for Baby U and some toys from Cousin Harper. It took about two weeks before I found one of the toys outside the crate. Petey has his own box of toys and now he has to learn that this isn't his box too. However, for now he thinks this is his room and loves to hang out in there. I have all faith that he's going to be a great big brother which he must think includes being a guard dog.