Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Eat your fruits and vegetables

We've all heard to eat your fruits and vegetables a million times. For the most part I do a good job of it. I don't mind most fruits and vegetables and even crave them at times. But when I saw a new fruit and veggie bar by Dreyer's on a blog I read I wanted to try. 



 A) who doesn't like a cold treat in the Texas summer heat 
 B) who doesn't like a new way to get your nutrients 
 C) the blogger said they were delicious 

I tried finding them at my Kroger and although they had a bunch of the Dreyer's fruit and cocunut milk bars they didn't have the fruit and veggie ones. I had to stop by Target for a couple things and checked there. Low and behold they had them. I picked up the Apples and Greens but this Target (not a super Target) also had blueberry medley and tangerine carrot. On Dreyer's website I saw that they also have strawberry rhubarb and peach mango medley. 

I tore into the box as soon as I got to the car. It was delicious and only 60 calories. Much better for me than the mozzarella sticks I was craving. Typically I would finish the box I have before I try other flavors but I'm not going to lie I may get the others so I can have some variety. So if you struggle to get in your fruits and vegetables and even if you don't, these bars are a great little treat. I'm hoping the Kroger by the house will eventually have them but I will drive the 5 miles to Target to get them.

1 comment:

  1. The strawberry rhubarb and peach mango medley sound delicious! I will have to add this to the grocery list to try.

    ReplyDelete