Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August already?!?!

The summer has flown by.  Between work and play all I want to do is sleep because it seems all we do is go, go, go.  Since I was a kid I have always been a fan of sleep.  I get "hangry" but you mix in sleepy with that and you better stay far far away.  Already this summer we have done a little traveling and even became World Record holders.  

We camped on the beach in June.  I had never done that and wanted to at least once.  The sand rain was enough to require a beach house from now on or I guess the rain guard on the tent would have been a good idea.




In July we travelled to Kentucky with our friends, Katrina and Thomas.  It was a great mix of visiting with family, introducing Katrina and Thomas to that area of the country and just plain fun.  The weather was unseasonabbly cool.  





Then we went on our annual trip to the river and on a weekend when Roger Creager was holding his birthday bash.  This year he wanted to break a record of the largest river flaot.  Previous float was 250 people in one of those states you forget about.  We slammed the record.  I don't even know what the offical count was but Rockin' R had 3000 tubes and they ran out.  




We don't have much planned the rest of the summer but low key is alright with me.  I am looking forward to a trip to the beach with my sisters at the end of this month but first we must celebrate my birthday.  It's August 10th if you forgot. 

1 comment:

  1. Didn't forget at all! Glad you're having a good summer. I totally agree with the go go go...sometimes I just want to lay on the couch for 2 or 3 days and watch movies/sleep. Guess I can do that when I'm old.

    ReplyDelete