Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

To Die for Crock Pot Roast

Last week with cold temps still happening... I know not as cold as some places...I was in the mood for some good ol' comfort food.  I hadn't made a roast in awhile and a friend had been telling me about a recipe that they had been using that was amazing.  So I googled and found a recipe on food.com that was pretty much what she described.  The recipe on food.com was called To Die for Crock Pot Roast and it was delicious.  I had to make myself stop eating it.  It didn't photo really well and I didn't take time to make it right because I was so ready to eat it.


Ingredients:
  • 1 (4-5lb) beef roast, any kind*
  • 1 (1 1/4 oz) package brown gravy mix, dry
  • 1 (1 1/4 oz) package dried Italian salad dressing mix, dry
  • 1 (1 1/4 oz) package ranch dressing mix, dry
  • 1/2 cup water**
*   My roast was 2.3ish lbs and was plenty for two.  We got 3 meals or so out of it.
** I used a can of reduced sodium beef broth instead of the water.

  1. Put roast in crock pot.
  2. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
  3. Pour the water around the roast.
  4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
I dumped all the dry mixes on top and then poured the beef broth over it.  I had some mushrooms that I needed to use and forgot to put them in at the beginning.  I added them with an hour or so left.  I served this over garlic parmesan mashed potatoes but could easily see it served over egg noodles.

This recipe definitely won't disappoint.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds soooo yummy and easy and I want some right now! Yep for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete