Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken Lazone

When I asked the husband yesterday what he wanted for dinner today he had no ideas.  So I cued up my Chef du Jour board on Pinterest and handed over my iPad for him to browse.  He chose a recipe for Chicken Lazone on the Plain Chicken blog.  When I pinned it awhile back I knew it was something that he would love.  It was pretty easy and a dish that anyone at any cooking level could make.  Perfect date night recipe for someone who is trying to impress.  I added mushrooms and two diced roma tomatoes for some more consistency and served it over mashed potatoes.  There was plenty of sauce... maybe too much but oh my was it tasty.  We had a salad on the side but asparagus or green beans or whatever you fancy would be great.  This will be something that we make again and again.



Chicken Lazone
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 lb chicken tenders
  • 1/4 cup butter, divided
  • 2 cups heavy cream
Combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
 
In large saute pan, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes.
 
Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired.
 

1 comment: