Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

BBQ Bacon Stuffed Meatloaf

I love a good meatloaf and will try making different kinds at home and not ashamed to order it at a resturant either.  For some reason, I feel that meatloaf has a weird place in this world and people look at you weird when you order it.  I like mine with mashed potatoes and some sort of green side.  I found a recipe recently through Pinterest for a BBQ Bacon Stuffed Meatloaf that you make in the covered baker from Pampered Chef in the microwave. 

I didn't have the bbq rub and so I substituted bbq sauce instead.  I put 3 tablespoons in the meat mixture and about 2 tablespoons with the ketchup to put on top.  Instead of the sandwhich bread slices, I used a cup of panko breadcrumbs cause I already had them and a loaf of bread in our house would go to waste.  I also used 2 lbs of meat (I think it was ground sirloin and ground chuck maybe.  use what you like) because I wanted it to be for two meals.  Yes Jarad you are eating leftovers tonight.
 
It didn't stay together that well as slices but the flavor was there.  I served mine with Ore Ida Steam n' mash potatoes. They're so easy when I don't feel like peeling potatoes and makes just enough for the two of us for two meals.  I also had a steamable bag of asparagus from Aldi.  Once steamed I sprayed butter on it (I can't believe it's not butter spray is the bomb diggity and no calories).  I also put some garlic pepper and the 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's on it.  Delicious!!




BBQ BACON-STUFFED MEATLOAF from the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker cookbook

8 ounces fresh mushrooms
1 tbsp vegetable oil
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
3 slices white sandwich bread
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp smokey bbq rub, divided
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp or each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup ketchup

Thinly slice mushrooms. Heat oil in 12 in. skillet over medium high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside 1 tbsp of the crumble bacon. Add remaining bacon to mushrooms and mix well.

Meanwhile, cut bread into cubes. In stainless 6 qt mixing bowl, combine bread, milk, onion, parsley, egg yolk, 2 tbsp of the rub, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add beef to bread mixture; mix. place two thirds of meet mixture in deep covered baker form into an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf. Gently press down the center of the loaf to create a well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese in the well. Top with bacon mixture and an additional 1/2 cup of the cheese. Place remaining meat mixture over filling press to seal.

Microwave, covered, on high 14-17 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 in the center. Carefully remove baker from microwave, using oven mitts. Meanwhile, combine ketchup and remaining rub; stir. Brush Ketchup mixture over meatloaf. Microwave, covered, on high 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 in the center. Sprinkle remaining cheese and reserved bacon over top of meatloaf; let stand, covered, 10 minutes before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment