Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Big Hair Don't Care

I am not a make up expert nor a hair expert but I try my darndest to look good on normal basis.  There are some days, typically the weekends, that I give my skin and hair a break.  I wish I was better at doing my hair but I pretty much am the worst. 

I am in need of a hair cut currently but I quit my hair lady or she quit me.  Haven't really decided exactly.  I wasn't  happy with my last couple cuts and when she moved my appointment twice and said she would call to reschedule and never did....well I'm done.  So I asked for recommendations on Facebook for someone in my area.  I contacted one of the ladies recommended and never got a response to the message I sent.  So I'm just going to let it be for now.  I can trim up my own bangs thanks to a tutorial I watched on YouTube a year or so ago. 

Now I live in Texas and big hair is normal...expected.  I throw large hot rollers in it most days than not now and that helps with the volume and the lack of a cut. 


I use dry shampoo on my clean hair. What?!?!?  It acts like a texturizing spray which is something I learned via Pinterest or some blog I read.  I had been using Sauve's dry shampoo but when it was almost out I picked up the Not Your Mother's brand.  Verdicts still out on how I like the new one but the Sauve one is great.  



I also use Big Sexy Hairs texture powder.  Don't use too much and make sure to get on the ends of your hair for extra umphing (it's totally a word) powder.


And then a comb just doesn't cut it for my teasing.  So I found this Conair teasing brush that is amazing.



So after all that I can get a bit of volume and I can look past the fact that I need a hair cut.  This is what's working for now but come another couple weeks I will have to definitely get a cut.  Oh the joys of being a woman and being in sales.




What are your hair tips and tricks???

4 comments:

  1. Cute do and scarf!!! Big hair don't care!! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Katrina got the scarf for me for Christmas. World Market I believe

      Delete