Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Top 10 Moments of 2013

As one year has closed and another year has started, I began thinking about what happened and what we did over the past year and what the plans are for this year.

Top 10 Moments of 2013

  1. Traveling to New Orleans for the Super Bowl festivities in the city - even if you don't go to the game the energy in a city that is holding the game is electric.  There was a lot going on around town besides the big game.  We had the best time.

  2. In June, I went to the largest Honky Tonk in Texas, Billy Bob's to see one of my faovrite singers, Will Hoge.  I think everyone has to exprience Billy Bob's once in their life.
  3. Also in June, a group of us traveled to los Cabos, Mexico.  It was our big trip for the year and we also were able to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.  I love an all inclusive resort and could go to one anytime.  Mexico is always a great vacation.

  4.  
  5. July we moved from the apartment that we had lived in for 5+ years.  It's where we got Petey (I don't recomend potty training a dog in a 3rd floor apartment), Jarad proposed and a lot more memories.  So it was bitter sweet to move but having a house and a yard for Petey has been a nice refresh.




  6. I finally redid our dining room furniture after years of telling Jarad that I was going to.  This seems silly to add to this list but it was something that for some reason I was afraid to do.  One of those experiences that added to the refresh once we moved in...out with the old in with the new and better.
  7. My mini van which Jarad always hated crapped out and I got a new car.  People buy cars every day but because I spend a tremendous time in my car it's always a big deal.  I don't have as much space in the new car but I love it.  Who wouldn't love satellite radio, bluetooth (no more wearing headphones to talk), better gas mileage, air condition that consistently works, etc.
     
  8. In August Natalie asked me if I wanted to train for a half marathon.  I agreed and it was the most rewarding and hardest thing to do.  We ran the marathon in November and I still get goose bumps thinking about it.  I finally understood Mind over Body.  Your body will a lot more than you think.  It's all about where you are mentally.



  9. Losing weight.  At my lowest I was down 20 pounds.  I was maintaing nicely but as my doctor said "I sat down" after the half marathon.  I'm not up the full loss but I need to stop the bulge.  I'm still proud of the weight I've lost and the decision to become healthier.  In 2014 I want to build on that and get in even better shape. And from all that I accomplished in 2013 I know that I can achieve an even healthier me this year with no problem.
  10. Having all the sisters in Houston for a weekend was a great time.  They had not all been here when there wasn't an event to attend.  It was fun being able to show them parts of the city and a laid back time.
  11. All those little moments that you don't necessarily remember but built the year, random weekends, visits from Natalie and Mom, trips back to Kentucky for sad and happy times, a night or weekend alone with the husband at home, etc etc.  2013 was a pretty great year.  I've been told your 30s are some of your best years and they haven't disappointed yet. 

2 comments:

  1. You had a great year for sure and I am so happy I have been able to be a part of so much of it! This next year will provide even more memories for you I am sure of it! You have your head set straight with many goals and you will become healthier and happier and even more successful and I can't wait to see your recap in 2015! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think your 30s are the best years of your life! I had a LOT of fun in my 20s but my 30s have just been SOOOOO much better! 2013 was definitely a good year for you and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings!!

    ReplyDelete