Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

People

I feel like I've always had a pretty good intuition about people. Sometimes I let people in too far, too fast. I have an uneasy feeling about them but I let it slide. Soon something always happens to confirm my suspicion about them. But my intuition can be off as well.  Because there are times I form fast, rash opionions about people and they prove me wrong. They turn out to be amazing, thoughtful, fun, etc rather than an asshole, put offish, etc. As I grow older, I'm learning to take a little longer to form my perception of a person. I also learn what to share, hold back and how to be me around different people. It's all in your social awareness and tailoring you to every situation. I'm not saying you change you for the company you're in. I am a stronger personality and I've learned to pull back when necessary or go full force when appropriate. Being aware of all this, I feel makes me a better friend. It makes me better in business. And I can realize when someone is a friend for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Cliche?? No it's reality. 

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely not a cliche statement! It's a very true statement...and occasionally you need to evaluate your relationships and determine if the reason or season has ended and let go.

    ReplyDelete