Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

It's THAT weekend

No it's not my wedding weekend.  Been there, done that.  It's not a holiday. Although they are coming soon and my mouth is already salivating for all the Thanksgiving yummies. We're camping for Thanksgiving this year so preparation should be interesting but I love a challenge which kind of segues into why this weekend is going to be er uh um....epic?!?! A little over 3 moths ago I got a text from all the way across the pond asking if I wanted to train for a half marathon and how about we do it in November.  Sure. No. Sure. was kind of my response. And you guessed it folks....this Sunday Natalie and I will be running our first half marathon...13 point freaking one miles.  Oh and that's what our shirts say too.  My longest training run was 9.69 miles.  I don't think I'm scared by the amount of miles. I think I'm just anxious, scared and nervous for the experience as a whole.  I've read about marathons. I've read about how to prepare, what to do the night before and the morning of but in my head I feel like there will be a sign on my back that says "it's her first marathon. She doesn't know what she's doing."  But then I remind myself all I have to do is run, run and run some more.  Let's just hope I don't cry like a fool like I did after 8.69 miles because I was by myself then and no one's pretty when they cry. 


I have run several 5ks and I will say the race day experience and environment is awesome. I'm totes looking forward to that and know everyone's enthusiasm will push us through. So by next week I'll be able to order the cute half marathon charm from James Avery and who knows, I may put a sticker on the back of my car.  



I'll rest a week and then start again because well my goal for next year is to do two half marathons. I have the ones I want to do picked out and I really hope they both pan out.  

So wish us luck, send us good mojo and be on standby should we collapse.  Here goes nothing....




1 comment: