Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Half Marathon Training Update

It's less than one week until the Fort Worth Half. Am I scared? You bet. Do I have any doubt we'll finish? None at all.  Do I think I have trained enough? Nope.  Last week I ran once.  Everything I've read said that you should taper the week before which means no long runs but I should have run a little more than that last week.  I let the weather dictate my running last week. Shame. Over the years I have found in order to succeed I have to set goals, make plans and write them down. 

So this week's goals are the following:

- run 3 times
- eat cleaner (I guess starting tomorrow because I failed today.)
- drink LOTS of water
- plenty of sleep

As I look at the above list I realize it's things I need to do better on a daily basis.  I've seen a lot of bloggers posting about staying on track through the holiday season.  I want to not only stay on track, I want to do better in order to get in the 140s. I'm not far but since June I've stayed between 153-157. I know there's thought that the number doesn't matter and blah blah blah.  However, I want that number and I plan to get there in the next 6 weeks.  



2 comments: