Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Leftover Redo

We had a steak leftover from Saturday night and I was sure Jarad would have eaten it for lunch today but he ate the leftover chicken spaghetti from last night. So I cut the steak thin. Sliced leftover mushrooms.  Measured 3oz of steak, 1/2 cup of mushrooms and 1/4 cup of cheese. I would have used more cheese but painfully refrained. I'm back to using My Fitness Pal (MFP).  I will get rid of this last 10 lbs or so. Cheese is my downfall but I will always eat it if only in moderation.


Added tortillas and made some dang quesadillas. I warmed the steak and mushrooms in my grill pan. Love this thing. My mom got it for me for my birthday. Calphalon from Khol's. I made the quesadillas on a flat cast iron skillet that I think is to make fajitas but it works like a charm for quesadillas. They were yummy.

I'm not good at all in reinventing leftovers but my sister Abbi is a pro. If culinary genius were measured solely by leftover redoes she would be above Julia Child, Wolfgang Puck...well all chefs in my opinion. I need to get more creative in that aspect but I will work at it one quesadilla at a time. 






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They must have been good. Jarad ate the other two with no complaints.

      Delete
  2. No leftovers get wasted in this hizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbi could totally be on that Chopped Chef show...chicks a genius when it comes to the kitchen and making things with weird combos that come out AWESOME!! Remember, sister vacay Hot Springs...the peach breakfast was YUM-O!!

    ReplyDelete