Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I think I'm crazy


I started running at the beginning of this year and surprisingly like it. I've done several 5ks this year and in years past and can run them without stopping pretty easily now. I did the electric run a week and a half ago in Madison,Wisconsin while visiting a friend. Since we've been back from Mexico I've only been running like once a week. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run the entire thing but we did. It was a pretty cool run. Music, lights, glow in the dark stuff, friends, cooler weather...can't go wrong.







I need motivation though to keep myself running. My motivation seems to be entering races, new gadgets (Got a heart rate monitor for my birthday. Cant wait for it to get here) and new music. I'm not even sure what my longest distance to date is. I think it's somewhere between 3.1 and 4 miles. I've walked longer than that but actually running is another story. So I've been looking for a race to run. Something with a little more challenge...mud run, obstacle run, 10k perhaps. Then I get this yesterday


And I get this


So I guess I'm saying screw you 10K, hello half. And you know when I finish it there will be a 13.1 sticker on the back of my mini van.  


3 comments:

  1. It's funny that you posted this today. I actually just emailed my friend Michelle to see if she'd be interested in a 5K or 10K because I need a goal so I can get back into running...or so that's the excuse I'm using. I thought about a half marathon for about 2 seconds but depending on when you run for it I may consider it. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hopefully Abbi will still run the electric run with me in Nashville this fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like night runs. Y'all should do it. We'll be doing the half in Fort Worth, November 10.

      Delete