Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Guest room aka my dressing room preview

In the house we have 3 bedrooms.  One is the master obviously, one is the office/craft room, and the third is the guest bedroom plus a dressing room for me if you will.  Jarad and I work some what opposite schedules.  I get up in the morning pretty early and always felt bad for going back in the room to get clothes and such.  Sure I could pick my clothes out the night before but eh as much as I like to be organized that's too much.  So I've put my clothes and shoes and yes I know I have way too much of both in the middle bedroom.  The closet is not walk in and is pretty small.  I got this clothes hanger with the drawers for my undergarments from Walmart.


At first I was going to just keep the bedspread that I had but I've had it since my second year of college and was so tired of it.  I decided on yellow, grey and white as the colors for this room.  I found a duvet/comforter cover from Ikea and just love the color of yellow.  Online it looked like a really bright yellow but in person it's more of a mustardy cream yellow.  swoon!!



I painted some old frames to pull in the colors even more.  Added some scrap fabric to the picture frames that are shelves in my jewelry armoire.  


My mom got me this makeup vanity as an early birthday present.  It's perfect size for the bedroom and the wood and style matches the jewelry armoire and side table.  The second bathroom in the house isn't the biggest and doesn't have a lot of counter space. The cushion cover was really not the look I was going for and so I recovered it to match the room.


I love how this room is coming together.  There are a few more elements to finish up for it to be completed to my liking but that will happen soon enough.  

1 comment:

  1. When I figure out my living arrangements for November on, will you come decorate my new place? !? Love what you've done...can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete