Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My favorite kitchen gadgets

I'm having a Pampered Chef party tomorrow. I love their products and their parties are fun times too. It's like having a Food Network cook come teach you a couple dishes and a few tricks along the way or the consultant I have is that good.  And it's all live and you get to taste the food. We don't have to wonder if it tastes as good as it looks. I was going through the catalog the other day to create my wish list and it got me thinking what my favorite must have kitchen gadgets were.

1) boat motor (As Emerril calls it) or a hand blender or whatever you call it....it's fantastic. I use it for smoothies, milk shakes, mashed potatoes, soups, etc. Mine is Braun brand and came with all kind of attachments and it's pretty handy.

 

2) as a wedding gift we received a food processor. I never knew how much I needed this machine until I got one. It will slice and dice things so fast. I love making homemade salsa, pesto, etc in it.  Our's is Giada De Laurentiis from Target.  



3) santoku knife. We have a whole knife set but the knife that gets used the most is this one. I kind of want a small one too.  Oh I think pampered chef has one. Going on the list...until I looked at the price. Our knives are J.A. Henckels and again another wedding present. 



4) recent new fav is the grill pan I got for my birthday. I use it for chicken, steaks, hotdogs (even grilled my bun), hamburgers. I think it's got the most play of my pans recently. I love that you get the grill marks like I was out in front of a grill.  Ours is Calphalon from Khol's. 


I have quite a bit of other things I love but I couldn't live without these items. Can't wait to learn some new tricks and recipes tomorrow. 

What are your must have kitchen gadgets?

2 comments:

  1. Santoku knife is by far my favorite! Best knife ever. I bought a knife from your party that I'm excited to try...well actually I'm excited to try all the fun things I purchased from your party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your first gadget as 'motor boat'!

    ReplyDelete