Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

It's the little things that matter...or do they?!?!

You know the saying "It's the little things that count/matter" or "it's the little things in life"? Whenever I heard that I would think to myself, "yea whatever."  So this morning when the scale was up .8 lbs from my lowest since owning this scale it was a small victory and that saying came to mind.  But you're thinking "Calista, you said the scale was up?"  Yes it was but usually on a Monday it is up 3-4 lbs from my lowest.  So I count this as a victory especially after indulging on fried pickles, wings and beer on Saturday.  Oh and that buffalo mac and cheese (but it was sans bacon and bread crumbs and made with whole grain pasta).  I think the mall walking off set the bad eating or it was the endorphins from finding some cute wedges and a skirt and stumbling on a Main Event grand opening where everything was freeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!




It also helped when my BFF and her husband "lost" me at Main Event, I was standing right in front of them.  They just didn't recognize me from behind.  However, it made me think that I had a sign on my butt before.



It's all happening in baby steps and I enjoy going to the gym.  Still not a crazy though.  But there were times last week that I thought "this really sucks," "why can't I go back to my early twentys when I didn't have to worry about my weight," "is the scale ever going to move past the same points" etc But then I remember that there is Cabo in 2 1/2 months and I want to be comfortable in a bathing suit, cute dresses, oh and if we stumble upon a nude beach.  I kid. I kid.  Kinda. And then there is life in general....so I will keep on keeping on. 

Make it a great day, week or not...the choice is yours.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hi-lo skirt! Never would have thought I would like those but they just seem so fun. They should be perfect too for your cabo trip! And you have great legs!! Beya! And little non-scale-victories are sometimes the best..i.e. friends not finding you cause you look skinny, maintaining and still being active on the weekends. You got this!!! Keep pushing on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look good skinny or not you have the best frame work a woman could ask for. RD

    ReplyDelete