Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Make-up or just a smile

The other day I was going through Pinterest while I'm sure I was watching some reality show and I came across a pin about the top 21 makeup tricks or something to that effect.  I tried finding the pin again but couldn't.  I didn't pin it, well, because they were things I was already doing and didn't even know they were tricks/tips.  Some of the tips were the white shadow on the inside corner of your eye to make you look more awake.  Using liquid liner over a pencil liner for more vibrant and stay put color.  I just started doing this and it really makes a difference.  Using pencil eyebrow liner and then use a powder (I use a eye shadow.) over that.  Shoot now I can't remember some of the others.  I don't claim to be any sort of make up artist or any good at applying make up.  I do like changing it up and tend to not wear the same colors, effects, etc day in day out.  Therefore, I sell Mary Kay because a) I like their make up b) I get it a discount and can afford the different/new products that come on the market c) many of my friends and all my sisters use it. So I do it as a service.  In every Look Book there are 4 looks.  I pull those out and have them in clear page protectors in a binder under my bathroom sink and use as a reference for colors to put together, different methods, etc.  One make up tool that I have been wanting for a long time is a lighted make up mirror.  When we were on our honeymoon, our resort had one in each of the bathrooms and I loved it.  A year and a half later I still haven't purchased one for myself but I'm getting close to it.  I want a decent one and the are like $50+.  I never wore makeup till college...good God how did I go that long? Now I don't leave home without at least a little on and I am learning more and more as I go through the Mary Kay info, pinterest, and blogs I follow. So a little goes a long way and if you're not a make up girl just remember to smile!!


1 comment:

  1. I wish some days I could just wear a smile but I like make up too much to go without and really don't want to scare anybody. Maybe you should do a make-up tutorial video!!!!

    ReplyDelete