Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tears




When I briefly heard of the tragedy in Connecticut last week, I steered cleared of any news. I saw all sorts of info on Facebook so I had a vague idea of the events and then I finally turned the news on for the first time Monday evening. My head doesn't understand it, my heart hurts for those families and I just cry. Events like these pull down another layer of my optimism for the human race and destroys my naive trusting in systems, safe places, good people and pushes me towards fear. Fear for my safety in my daily life, fear of even thinking of bringing a child into the world, just plain fear. But that's not a great state to live in...cautious and smart, yes. So as I struggle to understand it all, I also learn to embrace life just a little more with a positive, more loving, caring spirit. I mourn with the families affected and can only hope that they can find some peace in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment