Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Go get some

I know you have been out there searching high and low for the perfect teriyaki sauce.  Well call of the hounds and search no more and just head to your nearest Trader Joe's.  I know this California based grocery chain is not everywhere.  We just got our first one in Houston this summer, a second a little while later and a third (11 MILES FROM MY APARTMENT!!!!!) by end of year.  But if you aren't near one and happen across one in travels I would stock up on what they call Soyaki.


I made a chicken stir-fry last night and had to make myself stop eating.  I did a simple chicken, asparagus tips (frozen), red pepper and mushrooms.  I folded in quinoa at the very end instead of rice or noodles.  Of course I added a little dash of Sriracha to my individual bowl because everything is better with a little spice.  I made alot which makes me happy cause I will eat on it for a couple more days.

I did a quick google search and saw where people added peanut butter to this sauce to make a twist on a peanut sauce.  May have to try that next time.  They also have an island version that is sweeter and with pineapple sauce or so the label says.  I love coming across great finds that are inexpensive (if I remember correctly I paid $2.99 for the bottle and it's huge) and taste amazing.  If you have ideas on recipes please share cause I want to use this sauce in everything.

2 comments:

  1. Most DEFINITELY going to have to pick this up next week on my trip to Trader Joe's...that is if I can wait that long. Sounds like it could spice up the same ol' meat and veggie saga. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I move in with you? Sounds like your household is fed good...and healthy. I bought quinoa about a month ago and still haven't done anything with it. :( And I haven't been to Trader Joe's since this summer (I spent a lot of money there...the food was perfect for my cleanse) but it looks like I need to make a trip for some Soyaki. :)

    ReplyDelete