Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Texas Mourning Wreath...ok not really

A couple weeks back I made a fabric wreath for our door. There are tons of tutorials out there and tons of themes that could be done...sports, holidays, colors, etc. I'd always wanted a wreath for the door and football season was the perfect excuse. A yard and a half of three different Texas Longhorn themed fabrics, wood circle (I used embroidery wood hoop. Some use a wire hanger), black ribbon and a Texas ornament was all it took. Simple but just enough to show our Texas pride. I should have done one side Texas and one Tennessee... maybe next season. A Christmas one is already in the design phase and I already have a hoop since an embroidery hoop is actually 2 hoops. Oh and I'd like to thank the academy... I mean my neighbors for leaving the hook on their door when they moved out. I knew those extra command strips would eventually come in handy. Yes I've had them since college.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. I love how it turned out! That is a cute idea to do it half and half. I enjoy your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete