Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tray Makeover for bedside


Our sweet basset hound Petey's kennel is beside the bed on my side and I use it as my nightstand.  The grates of the kennel don't fair well with the glass of water that I like to keep beside the bed.  I had been using a hard back book as a stabilizer but wanted something cuter and larger.  One day I would like to have a wood kennel like the below.


As I was thinking about my diliema I decided that a tray would be the perfect solution.  I went to Ross cause I knew they had inexpensive trays.  I couldn't find one that I liked but I went ahead and purchased and planned to paint it.  The tray looked like this from the store.



I mod podged a piece of scrapbook paper to the bottom and painted the rest with brown paint.  I was attempting a bit of texture but wish I would have done it smoothly instead.  All in all I am happy with the turn out.


It works perfectly and matches nicely with the decor of the room.  Since having the tray I haven't spilt my water and I can keep all my bedside items in one spot nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment