Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cheeseburger Pizza

What better to make on a Friday night than homemade pizza.  Natalie recently sent out her rehearsal dinner invites and they are having it at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.  They have a Cheeseburger pizza on their menu that is so yummy and one of the choices that we will have at their dinner.  Since I got the invite I have been craving this pizza and September 30th is too far away and so are any of the local BJ's.  So I set out to make my own.  I looked at several recipes online and put together my own.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • half of an onion
  • 1/4 t minced garlic
  • pizza crust, 2 individual or one large
  • 1/4 c 1000 Island Salad Dressing
  • 4 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • Iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • small tomato, chopped
  • dill pickles, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Then brown your meat with the onion and garlic. Adding salt and pepper to taste.




I walked around the grocery looking for the large Boboli or the like pizza crust and could not find them.  I wasn't in my normal grocery and didn't want Pillsbury in refrigerator section.  I finally found flatbread in the bakery and thought it would be even better since it was just me this Friday night.



You then spread the dressing on to your liking.  I didn't want too much but enough to get that flavor.  Then spread half of the meat on each crust if making two.  I made one last night and the other for lunch today.  Cover with cheese.


Bake for 7 to 8 mins.  Pull out of oven and let sit for a couple minutes.  Then put lettuce, tomato and pickle.  Cut and enjoy.  Didn't taste exactly like BJ's but was still quite tasty and will make again.  Maybe for the husband next time.



And what's a Friday night without a little wine.  I had a bottle of my favorite on hand.  When I first purchased this wine I bought it because I liked the label.  That's how you chose wine, right?!?! But then I really liked it because it wasn't too dry nor too sweet and now Sam's, which is right across the street, sells it for $7.99/bottle. 


Back Label reads "Our vineyard works hard to bring you the richest, smoothest Cabernet Sauvignon from California's desirable Central Coast, where the sun drenched grapes create full and elegantly-textured wines. Scrumptious flavors of decadent dark fruits, molten mocha and toasty oak melt into a long silky finish.  In other words: Sinful.  Serve with warm baked brie drizzled with honey or petite filet mignon with a cabernet reduction."

No comments:

Post a Comment